CEO Yasmin here, The coronavirus (COVID-19) is now officially classified as a pandemic and is affecting lives and work around the globe. We want you to know what we are doing as a company to protect you and your families and mitigate the spread of this illness.
The following required actions should be observed by all employees in order to protect themselves and others from Coronavirus:
- General Hygiene
- Employees should practice good hygiene by:
- Regularly washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Coughing/sneezing into a tissue, or upper sleeve, not in hands.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- Avoiding contact with anyone with respiratory illnesses of any kind
- We will routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces including:
- Work stations
- Door knobs/handles
- We will provide tissues and disinfecting, disposable wipes.
- Employees who are sick especially with cold or flu symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or fever should remain home and seek medical attention immediately.
- Employees with sick family members should stay home.
- If an employee becomes sick at work, they will be separated from other employees and sent home.
- Work From Home
- If an outbreak becomes severe enough, a mandatory "Work from Home" policy may be put into effect and will continue until conditions improve well within healthy limits per local health and/or governmental bodies.
- If an employee needs to care for a family member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they will be required to work for at least [#] days after the family member has fully recovered and it has been determined by a medical professional that the employee has not been infected.
- If an outbreak becomes severe enough, employee travel may be partially or fully restricted until conditions improve.
- We will leverage the use of virtual meeting technologies to continue work that would normally be conducted onsite.
- If an employee has recently returned from any area with a high number of COVID-19 diagnoses, they will be required to work from home for at least [#] calendar days and may return to the office if no symptoms have presented themselves.
You can learn more about the prevention of COVID-19 at the following addresses:
Watch this video from the World Health Organization on what people can do to project themselves from contracting or spreading the virus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPITHEiFWLc&feature=emb_title